Friday, July 18, 2008

I almost kissed the mailman!

I had the best mail day ever! I love checking the mail but usually I'm disappointed with bills and junk BUT not today! There were two packages with my name on them. The first one I opened was from Jennifer Fosberry. A while back I entered a drawing and I won a signed copy of her children's book that was getting ready to be published. My Name Is Not Isabella arrived today and I absolutely love it! I stopped right there on the front porch and read the whole thing to Nora and Charlie. They both loved it too! If you know me, you know that I LOVE little girly books and this is now at the top of my list. It's fabulous!
The things I love the most about it are:
1. I told her I was giving it to my little girl so on the inside she wrote: "Nora Claire, Dare to Dream." How sweet. Nora thought that was pretty cool.
2. It's a girly looking book with SUPER FABULOUS AMAZING illustrations but it teaches little girls that there is more to life than becoming a princess. Did I just say that? I still want to become a princess.... But seriously it will stand out on Nora's shelf of fancy pink princessy books.
3. There is a little history lesson in the back about famous women from history. Very cool.



The second little package was crazy wonderful too! It was from Natalie. Natalie creates awesome jewelry and we decided recently to do a little swap. I sent a few things her way and look what I got:



This super cute pendant and earrings! I can't wait to wear them! Obviously judging the quality of this photo you can tell I didn't take it....I swiped it from Natalie's Etsy Store.
Tiger's Eye dangly bead earrings...So fun!!
Look at these fancy earrings!!! My new favorite color!
AND Natalie was so sweet to put a little gift in for Nora. She put this little Wish pendant on immediately. Thanks Natalie!!! It felt like Christmas at my mailbox today! So many pretties!!!

6 comments:

  1. Well then, Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you like that book, you should check out "Princess Bubble" by Susan Johnston & Kimberly Webb. I found it in a small children's boutique in Chattanooga, TN last summer. It was absolutely adorable & sends a great message to little girls. It teaches happiness comes from within & not just from being in a relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natalie's stuff is awesome, isn't it? I make handbags and a few other random items that I'll be getting up on ETSY soon. If you ever want to do a swap I'm all about it too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love visiting the ETSY site! So fun!! By the way...a few of us girls were chatting the other day about fun things like the environment & what kind of plastic is OK...exciting group, eh?? Anywho, I was thinking, hey, I wonder if that awesome Paper Doll chic has thought of creating awesome water bottles in any other material?? Not that I don't drink out of plastic on a daily basis, but I am trying to be hip, here!:) Any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you love girly books you should read the Fancy Nancy books. They are adorable!!!! Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for posting about my book. I am so glad that you enjoyed it so much.

    There is a review up at The Reading Tub (a charity that promotes literacy) and they have a Mr. Linky for reviews of the book. Maybe you could link this post? I would appreciate it.

    here's the link:
    http://www.thereadingtub.com/displayBook.asp?id=1388

    Thanks again and so glad you liked it. Thanks for the link love!

    ReplyDelete

How lovely of you to comment! Your comment might not show up right away but I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...