Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The First Day of Preschool for Sweet Charlie...

Charlie showing off the pink mural he drew on his face.

I was all geared up and ready to send Charlie off to his first day of school. He's my baby so I shed some tears just thinking about it but I was ready. His Big Brother and Big Sister had already spent a year in preschool by the time they were his age but for some reason I just couldn't send this little guy off last year. But Monday I was ready. I knew he would have fun and I had a ton of work to do. I made my list of things that I had to get done while he was gone and I stayed up later than usual Sunday night packing his bags and making his new sippy cups and bag tags and labeling every diaper. We dressed him in his new "school clothes" on Monday morning and got my camera charged up. About 30 minutes before we needed to leave the house we had a diaper explosion. A SERIOUS diaper explosion. We got that taken care of and just as I was tossing said explosion in the OUTSIDE trash can there was another. Five minutes later...another. So we missed the first day of preschool. He was perfectly fine for the rest of the day but it would not have been a great way for Charlie to introduce himself. All day he kept asking "Charlie go to school??" I must admit, I was kind of happy to keep him home with me for just one more Monday. He's my baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How lovely of you to comment! Your comment might not show up right away but I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...