Friday, April 12, 2013

Fitbit: My new fav gadget!

I've been on a eat healthy, get fit kick lately.  In fact, my friend Karis and I just realized that one year ago this month we started doing crossfit at The Grand and much to my surprise...we are still at it!  There are weeks (this week) that I am a major slacker, but for the most part I've been pretty good.  I definitely couldn't do it without my exercise buddies!  There are several fabulous ladies that brave the workouts but Karis is a major cheerleader and when I think one more burpee will kill me, she assures me that it won't. 

I started looking into The Fitbit at about the same time that we started doing this crazy exercise thing.  I thought it would be an extra motivator if I knew how many calories I was burning and how many steps I was taking.  I am not an impulse buyer.  It took me almost a year to buy it.  I've been living happily with my Fitbit for about a month now.  I love it. 
I will confess that the first few weeks had me mildly obsessed.  I was constantly checking the screen and syncing the app on my phone to see how many steps I had taken, how many calories I had burned, how many miles I had traveled, etc.  It gives you the goal to take 10,000 steps a day and for a girl that sits at her computer most of the day, that is HARD!  Even on my run days or xfit days, I have a hard time meeting that goal BUT it is motivating!!  There have been several nights that I've run up and down my stairs at 5 minutes until midnight just so I could make my goal.  I've called for impromptu dance parties in living room so I could hit that 10,000.  I've gone so far as to jump on the trampoline with all three kids for some extra steps/calories.  Mommas that have had three babies don't need to jump on trampolines. 

Now that the newness has worn off, I'm not quite as obsessed but I still love it and I still wear it everyday...it's tiny...clips to my waistband and I never even notice it.  It's my favorite little gadget. I love that it pushes me to move more.  I find myself parking further away at the grocery store so I can get extra steps in.  We've been going on more walks/runs in the neighborhood which my kids love.  It's really pretty cool.  I know there are lots of trackers like this out there but I'm a Fitbit fan!

*this is my own opinion...fitbit didn't ask me to write this...they have no clue who I am.  :) 




© 2013 paperdoll designs

1 comment:

  1. i have one too! I love it (I have the fitbit one which also tracks sleep)

    ReplyDelete

How lovely of you to comment! Your comment might not show up right away but I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...