Monday, April 22, 2013

Not a morning person...

I am SO not a morning person.  It's hard for me to function before 8...and to be honest I'd much rather sleep until 9 or so everyday.  Of course, with school aged kids that rarely happens.  This week is testing week and that note about feeding your kids a healthy breakfast everyday usually sends me into a bit of a panic.  I have this fear that during testing week the teachers will quiz the kids about what they ate for breakfast and my kids will be the ones to say "fruit loops" or "a chocolate chip granola bar." We are a grab-a-frozen-waffle-or-granola-bar as you are heading out the door kind of family.  I'm just being real...you will never find me in the kitchen making pancakes or eggs at 6:30 am!  This week, however, I've got it covered.

Last summer I stumbled upon this recipe on 100 Days of Read Food for Breakfast Casserole Bites.  My entire family LOVED them.  I had not tried freezing them yet but last month my Once a Month Cooking Group gave them a try and it worked out great.  We used foil muffin pans, cooked them and then froze them (still in the tins) in freezer bags.  When we were ready to eat them we just popped them out one at a time and put them in the microwave for 1-2 minutes.  YUM and EASY! 

So on Sunday, I made a batch and my kids will have a healthy breakfast and I won't be cooking at 6:30 in the morning.  WIN WIN.

**I LOVE my Once a Month Cooking Group.  It's been a HUGE help with healthy meal planning and cooking at home!  If they will let me, I am going to try to document a cooking day.  They are camera shy...I will probably have to beg and plead. 

© 2012 paperdoll designs

1 comment:

  1. thanks for sharing this! made them this morning and my kids loved them! cindy

    ReplyDelete

How lovely of you to comment! Your comment might not show up right away but I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...