Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Feeling so grateful...

***This post was originally written for yesterday but with all the heartache in Oklahoma, I decided to postpone it.  Now looking over it, I realize how blessed I am to have spent these little moments with my kids.  I know I often complain about how busy things get with three kids and all their activities but after watching the news over the past few days it puts it all in perspective.  I need to cherish each of these moments...

May is always a super busy month for us and this past weekend was no exception.  Here's a little instagram/phone dump weekend in review.

 We started the weekend off with our final Fountain Drink Friday of the school year.  This is the last week of Kindergarten, 4th grade and 6th grade for the Jameison Party of Five.  Once again, another school year has flown by and I can't believe it's over!
 We are NOT a "fest" family and we were so busy this weekend but we found out mid-week that G had artwork at Mayfest so we squeezed in a little trip downtown.  We searched and searched, had a very disappointing crepe experience and spent a fortune on ice cream and thanks to a text from my friend Julie, we finally found the right building.  Here's Graham outside the LOCKED door.  We were hours too late.
 Nathan and Graham got up and went back the next morning while I got Nora all dolled up for her dance recital.  I took a picture of her in the car...
 struttin' her stuff on the way in...
with her parentals...
but failed to take a single cute pic of her dancing or by herself posing in her usual sassy dance pose.  Dance Recital Fail.  Better luck next year.
 
After the recital we did a little family birthday dinner with the addition of one of her friends that I think has been at every birthday dinner since they were 4!
My favorite part of the weekend was that Nora asked if she could have a "sleepover" with me for her birthday.  XOXOXO.  Of course, I said yes and kicked Nathan out.
Sunday was her actual birthday and we did another round of birthday cake with extended family.  
It was a fun weekend but we were all exhausted.  Here's how Charlie felt about the whole thing: 
© 2012 paperdoll designs

No comments:

Post a Comment

How lovely of you to comment! Your comment might not show up right away but I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...