Sunday, May 26, 2013

This is not a foodie blog...

I am fully aware that this is not a food blog.  I am lacking in cooking skills for sure.  We do not eat fancy meals in this house.  We eat kid friendly food that will keep the "gross" comments to a minimum.  However, I am on a mission to cook more and to eat out less.  Our main goal is to save money but we'd also like to be healthier in our eating habits.  I thought I would try posting our weekly menu board here on Sundays as a way to hold myself accountable and because I think there might be some of you out there in the same boat.  If meal planning is new to you, you can just use my menu for the week.  I'm happy to share!


Sunday:
beef stew...not really stew season but it's been in my freezer and it's time to use it
Monday:
Banana Pancakes...one of my FAVORITE breakfast meals!  Get the recipe here
Tuesday:
Parmesan Dijon Chicken...I've been cooking this for years and I think I got the recipe in a very old Betty Crocker book that we got as a wedding gift.  So easy and very yummy.  I am sure there are tons of similar recipes out there.
Wednesday:
Grilled Salmon & veggies...Nathan makes the whole dinner on the grill.  It's one of my favorites but Nora will say "gross" for sure.
Thursday:
Spaghetti Squash...this will only be my 2nd time to do a spaghetti squash.  We really liked it the first time.  Have you tried this?  It's really pretty cool.
Friday:
Pizza...probably out but maybe we'll make our own.
Saturday:
Mexican Layered Dip...this is one of Graham's favorites and he's been begging for it.  I know it's really an appetizer but we love to have it for dinner.
 
What are you having for dinner this week?
 
© 2012 paperdoll designs

No comments:

Post a Comment

How lovely of you to comment! Your comment might not show up right away but I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...