Sunday, June 16, 2013

What's for dinner this week?

We did OK last week with the meal planning.  We didn't quite stick to the menu but we did eat at home 5 out of 7 nights.  The Mr. & I squeezed in a dinner and a movie date night early in the week but I shocked myself and cooked for the kids before leaving!  I had a mom fail moment Saturday night when friends asked us out on a double date and I realized later in the evening that I never fed my kids dinner.  Nice, huh?  They survived.
 
Here's what's for dinner this week...
*I use my PaperDoll Designs Dry Erase Menu Board to keep my family "in the know" about what's for dinner each week.
 
SUNDAY: Father's Day - Chocolate Cake
We're not really having chocolate cake for dinner, although I'm pretty certain that's happened before.  We are headed to my brother's house to celebrate Father's Day and I'll be bringing Lucy's Chocolate Cake.
 
MONDAY:  Breakfast Night - Scramblers
I'm going to pretend like I'm eating outside at Queenies when I eat my scrambler.  I'll take tomato, bacon and spinach in mine, please.  I heart breakfast for dinner night.

TUESDAY:  Mini Chicken Pot Pies
I can't remember exactly why but  these mini pies that were on the menu last week never got made.  Nora was not happy.  She told me all about it several times.  We're trying again this week. 

WEDNESDAY:  Taco Salad
Wednesday is fish night.  Taco Salad is not fish.  I have some taco meat in my freezer from my Once a Month Cooking Group that must be made.  Fish night is cancelled.

THURSDAY:  Pizza Pasta
We had little friends over last week on Pizza Pasta night and opted for spaghetti and meatballs instead.  Pizza Pasta is back on the menu this week.

FRIDAY:  Order In or Eat Out
Because as you know by now, I'm not cooking EVERY NIGHT!!

SATURDAY:  Broccoli Cheddar Soup
This is by far my favorite soup.  I LOVE, LOVE, BIG TIME LOVE it!  Leftovers are my fav.
 
That's what I'm making this week!  I'd love to hear what you are having!!  Maybe in the future I will get all blog savvy and do one of those "What's for Dinner" linky thingy majigs. 
In the meantime, don't be shy and leave me a comment.   I'm always looking for new dinner ideas!

© 2013 paperdoll designs Please don't be shy!! I'd love to hear your comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How lovely of you to comment! Your comment might not show up right away but I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...