Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Where the sidewalk ends...

Last year, the kids and I talked about chalking the entire walkway leading to our house to look like colorful stones.  We planned to do it one day but never got around to it.  Yesterday, I was looking for something and found a brand new box of sidewalk chalk and immediately told Charlie and Nora to come outside.  I gave them a Tupperware lid to trace and told them to get to work. 

They were actually pretty excited about the idea and were super focused in the beginning.  I'll admit that I couldn't resist drawing some "stones" and chalking them in myself.  Once we lost the morning shade, Charlie was out.  We took a little lunch break and then somehow convinced the teenage boy to come help for a little while.   He's such a good sport.  He even let me take a picture!
Between the four of us, it only took about 2 hours...maybe a little less.   I'm so in love with it.  I would keep it if I could. 
 
It was supposed to rain this morning.  I'm doing a little happy dance that it didn't.  Charlie woke up today and asked if we could chalk the driveway.  We're going to need more chalk.

© 2013 paperdoll designs Please don't be shy!! I'd love to hear your comments!

2 comments:

  1. I love this! If I had a walkway I would do the same. Too bad you couldn't spray it with polyurethane or something.

    ReplyDelete

How lovely of you to comment! Your comment might not show up right away but I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...